Friday, December 21, 2018

Birth

In the beginning it felt like a pause between breaths. You know the sensation? When you realise, suddenly, that you are holding your breath. Perhaps you were anticipating something, and once conscious of the tension, released it in a rush. But for a split second you existed as a stillness.

And then everything comes back at once in an onslaught. My onslaught was a bright blaze. A burning radiance that pierced the inky stillness and saturated my plasma. Everything was on fire, with such an intensity that I struggled to contain it through sight alone. I couldn't stop myself from accepting this fire into my depths. So deeply did I breathe it in, so deeply did I accept it that I can no longer distinguish it from me. I am intertwined with it, and it with me. In a glorious daze I burst into movement. My entire being tingled as if alight; my muscles, my senses had been infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment